These aren't secrets, but I haven't told anyone either.
I may sound bipolar but I mostly just write about really great things or really bad things. Extremes, right?
I promise my feelings are continuous over the real emotions.

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Writing while my room cools down. Egoism 101


The enforced stone age keeps me prolific. I can't sleep until the sun sets, I can't cook creatively, I can't send words across continents in seconds; I'm in a different world. In this world, I read until I'm chased from my bed by the threat of a premature nap that will leave me thrashing in the heat of this room until midnight. I go outside and throw metal webs in the air until a wick comes loose and I undo my hair to fix it. In my bed again, the wind is soft on my back and cools the bruise on my elbow. One diary closes, and another opens.

All day I feel like prey. Only in moments of happiness, usually occurring halfway through a certain special incendiary tune, do I feel powerful. I feel agentive. But it fades because I'm following a path and everyone is watching where my feet land. What are they watching? Are they watching something they fear, something they admire, or something they have a vague distaste for? I feel like an international savage, like my very presence is an affront to as-it-should-be.

They want. They speak to me and I see desire and it angers me. If I don't see desire, I can't imagine what they mean and I invent desire to justify my disinterest.

I don't see faces that I want to see again or even stop and examine for an instant. Only one person (outside of the workplace), in a short interaction, did I want to learn from. He sat in a pile of books, and told me to come back at the beginning of the next month if I wanted to sell some of my library. I didn't feel like a savage. I felt like a spirit.

Today a man began slowly. He said my fans looked like a birds foot. Then he wanted to see me on Saturday, whenever I 'played.' I don't understand what they are grasping at. I love to let people I only barely touch back into the randomness of the world. I love to watch our understandings step away from each other and infect outwards. I imagine them later, at moments that don't announce themselves, and it is a rich feeling.

My desire doesn't come when it's called. She hates to hear her name before she introduces herself. When anyone demands her, she ceases to exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment