These aren't secrets, but I haven't told anyone either.
I may sound bipolar but I mostly just write about really great things or really bad things. Extremes, right?
I promise my feelings are continuous over the real emotions.

Monday, June 24, 2013

BOOKS ARE LIKE CIGARETTES!


I used to think that people smoked cigarettes as a social affect. You're smoking, I'm smoking, can I bum one, got a light, etc. Then a group of people convinced me that the reason was more personal. They said that when you're smoking, it's just you and the cigarette. Life is calm, and you are alone and agentive.

Well, in that case, books are my anti-drug. When your mind is in a book, no matter how many people are around you, no one can touch you. That's why it bothers me when people interrupt me when I'm reading without acknowledging that I was preoccupied. Do they not realize what a sacred place I am in when I read? I am no longer human with my book; I enter another realm. I feel safe when I have one with me.

So yeah, just say no, kids. And read a book, read a book, read a motherfucking book.

No comments:

Post a Comment