These aren't secrets, but I haven't told anyone either.
I may sound bipolar but I mostly just write about really great things or really bad things. Extremes, right?
I promise my feelings are continuous over the real emotions.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

my dreams have been so gruesome lately



I was standing in the driveway at my house in Corvallis, and a plane was flying above us. No, not just one plane, there was another plane attached to the back of it by some kind of cord. Behind that plane was a tree, as big as the second plane. Tied to that tree was another tree, slightly smaller. It was sad, for some reason. It was a sign of danger.

The planes are low, close to us now. It looks like they are going to crash in our yard, but instead they pull up at the last minute. The last tree gets tangled in the tree across the street and breaks off. The rest of the airborne train keeps flying.

We sigh and get to work, trying to remove the tree from our neighbor’s yard. There’s a mob of us now. I sit on the trunk many feet above the ground and saw a branch off. Below me, my neighbor Pat looks up from her wheelchair, a mix of fear and regret on her face. She’s not in a wheel chair in real life. The branch comes off and the tree wobbles, but I balance with my weight.

Suddenly I’m down on the ground with everyone else. There are a few Reedies, and a lot of unknown faces. We’re balancing bamboo poles, making some sort of woven net below the tree, a few feet off of the ground. I look up and the tree that crashed is full of bodies. Suddenly the bodies are in clear plastic bags.

I’m walking into my house with a young man who has been with me since I was in the driveway, on reflection. He wears baggy clothes and has a shaved head. He’s a little shorter than me. It’s getting dark.

 

That’s all. God, the bodies in the tree. I don’t’ even know.

No comments:

Post a Comment