These aren't secrets, but I haven't told anyone either.
I may sound bipolar but I mostly just write about really great things or really bad things. Extremes, right?
I promise my feelings are continuous over the real emotions.

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Sour Calvados

(Will probably be edited over time as I get feedback. Also, give me feedback if you please, this is my first serious poem attempt pretty much ever.)

Sour Calvados

I left my personality out in the sun
my best qualities
   inoffensive as apple juice
have fermented and spoiled
   I slept in an oak cask
and now I am an after-dinner-drink
  sticky over-sweet
  sipped unsuspected
before dawn

the small o'clocks
when brandy fumes sting bleary eyes
   confuse the coffee
   question the cornflakes
you are convinced
   That breakfast is not a chaser
but the sun is in hot pursuit
and I have no taste for tradition

embrace this flavor
share a fiery morning
we watch the world burn blue
    I dig my day flambe
    (I'm not quite a la mode)
cigar smoke at sunrise
you in a velvet armchair
me in a shallow glass




No comments:

Post a Comment