These aren't secrets, but I haven't told anyone either.
I may sound bipolar but I mostly just write about really great things or really bad things. Extremes, right?
I promise my feelings are continuous over the real emotions.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Change of Variable Theorem for Multiple Integrals

Let K contained in R^n be a compact and connected set having boundary of volume zero. Let A be an open superset of K, and let T: A-> R^n where T is differentiable with continuous first partial derivatives. T is injective on the interior of K and the determinant of the Jacobian matrix for T is not zero on the interior of K. Let f: T(K)-> R be continuous.
Then
Integral of f over T(K) = Integral over k of f composed with T times the absolute value of the determinant of the Jacobian matrix for T.

I thought maybe typing it out here would help me remember it. I hear people talk about writing essays on Tumblr so it feels more like playtime.
I think maybe I was wrong in thinking that I could extend the function of math studying by zero over the internet box to prove that it is integrable.
Math is the corrupter.

No comments:

Post a Comment