These aren't secrets, but I haven't told anyone either.
I may sound bipolar but I mostly just write about really great things or really bad things. Extremes, right?
I promise my feelings are continuous over the real emotions.

Friday, February 8, 2013

A Night of Drunken Foolishness. Like all of the others.

I just returned to Chittick after a lovely hour and a half of booty poppin' KRRC times with people who have much better rhythm than I.
A night of drunken foolishness will begin, just as soon as my champagne gets here.
But last week there was a night of drunken foolishness too. I've been drinking less since I've found my digestive system appreciates temperance, but I'm rediscovering the joy of booze.
My best friend moved out of Chittick. It's for the best, but I miss skipping down the hall in my pajamas and being able to hop onto her bed. I miss walking through my dorm and seeing people I really love. They've all pretty much booked it out. Liana left first week, Eric spends most of his time with his girlfriend, Edith doesn't want to be here anymore.
Whatever, as I said, all for the best.
But I helped her move her stuff and it was torture.
Early that morning I had tried to hang around. I figured she would need help. But I couldn't deal with it so I left and walked around for 3 hours. I went all the way to Hawthorne and told myself a crazy story about becoming an international counterculture diplomat. The whole thing was in Spanish. One of the best daydreams in recent history. Took my mind off of shit. When I got there I bought a pendulum for Edith, and lipstick for me (a color I had bought but immediately lost, to my great dissappointment. Portland Black Lipstick Company "Undead Red" Super recommend.) I thought these things would make it right. The pendulum might be good for her.
Anyways, I came back and cried a bit to Liana. I gave the pendulum to Edith, and showed her how to ask her questions. The idea of a pendulum is that you ask it which way is yes, and it spins or oscillates somehow. Then you ask it which way is no, and it will do something different. Then you ask it questions. It seems like she needs that sometimes. It's a part of my hippy heritage, don't judge me.
Then we packed, and I suffered. She didn't realize how bad it was I guess, but I don't know how she could have missed it. Anyways, eventually I said I would take the one big load down but then she needed to find someone else because it was torture for me. She understood. We drove down to the farm house and started unloading. Her house helped.
I took a box down to her room, in the basement. The light was awful, it had a tiny window. I couldn't understand what was so bad that she left me for this. Lyle tried to talk to me. Finally Sam asked "how are you doing" and that was the last straw and I left crying.
Edith came out and said that we should go to froz yog. I said "I don't really want to cry in the middle of a froz yog place." We got in my car and headed out. It ran out of gas and we rolled it into a side street. Walked back pretty quietly. I said "It's not that I have a problem with you leaving, you know, it just sucks." I think it helped her to hear that, and it helped me to say it. I had wasted a lot of effort trying to figure out why I was so fucking torn up about this.
She made some jokes as we headed back.
Later, with 3 kinds of fireworks (1 in hand, 1 in pocket, 1 in my mouth (on a stick but in my mouth)), we crossed the blue bridge heading to a party. As we walked there, I started drinking from her bottle of Fireball. I felt every problem evaporate immediately. We hit the Hbizz as the cops had just left, and Andrew was standing nervously by the door. We offered him fireworks and his face lit up. Then he thought pragmatically and decided it was best not to give the cops a reason to come back. We did the little snappy ones that my uncle sent me in the mail. First we were just pulling the strings on both sides and BAM. Then I was sucking on one of the threads you pulled, and realized I could pop it with one hand and my teeth. BAM. Next to my cheek. So exhilarating.
New party. They guy I wrote the missed connection to a million years ago is running around the world for a while, so he had a going away party. Also, a friend is dropping out and heading back to the bay to join a circus. So, joint bye-bye-bonanza! They were playing 1000 white cards or something? Anyways, I had to pretend to be a goblin. So I wandered around on the ground saying "ooohoohohoohooooooOOOOOooooo" and biting people's calves. I was a little tipsy.
Not that I have a lot of memories of that night. Okay, this wasn't quite what I expected to write. But in 15 minutes I'm going to be wandering around the canyon with a lovely person who I want to get to know better, and we will share my champagne. Then it will be debauchery all night.
Fuck the police.

No comments:

Post a Comment