These aren't secrets, but I haven't told anyone either.
I may sound bipolar but I mostly just write about really great things or really bad things. Extremes, right?
I promise my feelings are continuous over the real emotions.

Monday, September 17, 2012

A Night In the Bathroom

I was planning to see Buckethead on Friday. But that disintegrated as the people I was going with lost interest and I felt the need for a night on my own.
Handstands and cuddles as the sun set on the quad. I talked to Cogelle while he fixed his brakes and somehow I ended up with a plaid wool scarf. It's been quite a challenge to wear it as much as possible in this summer weather. I've been sleeping in it, so that helps. Sophomore year demands some kind of teddybear/security blanket equivalent.
With my cozy companion hanging over my shoulders, I went back to Chittick where my paints awaited me. 15 years of graffiti had to be avenged. I ate some space cake, and waddled off with a really heavy bag of acrylics and spraypaint.
It took me about two hours to paint the gender neutral bathroom to my own satisfaction. My own satisfaction was somewhat expedited by the space cake, which kicked in towards the end and made painting very difficult. I put up a random set of quotes, which covered most of my feelings about sophomore year. As expected, they're largely incomprehensible. I might change the Jason Webley quote. It was a last minute addition and I think it's a little out of place. I like the idea of having layers of paint. There are already so many. There are some hand prints, some flames/drops of blood, a Loch Ness monster and a lightning bolt, etc. I also put up an "I love.." The loss of the collection of those secrets is pretty tragic. I hope other people will add. I tried to invite them to do so with  "Ever had a toussle with ______" to see what they'd write. Too bad I misspelled tousle. I was pretty baked, blame the drugs.
My incapacitation with respect to fine motor skills did not deter me from trying to spin fans while high. Most of my friends purposefully smoke before spinning because it's apparently so much better.
It was definitely different. Instead of feeling the momentum I gave the fans, I felt what they gave me. It was harder to keep both fans spinning, but that's always hard anyways. I tried spinning again two days later and my hands are still bruised.
After that, I wandered around and kind of interacted with people to whatever extent I could, which was rather below par.
I'm mostly just proud of fulfilling my creative impulses this weekend.
And I have a midterm in 20 minutes and I'm so nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment