These aren't secrets, but I haven't told anyone either.
I may sound bipolar but I mostly just write about really great things or really bad things. Extremes, right?
I promise my feelings are continuous over the real emotions.

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Generated

I had dinner with some of my dad's friends from Reed, plus my uncle (also a reedie), plus a daughter, plus a husband. The daughter is sitting across from me in the thesis tower studying for a bio exam. She's a junior in high school, staying at my house, and might apply here. She's doing the College Tour.

I just read my first David Foster Wallace story, even though I checked out his Lobster book from the library in high school. It was good. I guess I had been prepped for the bad, but even that wasn't bad so much as amusing. What does he really mean by being so pretentious? His descriptions are really beautiful, and his themes are subtle. It was about the Illinois state fair, I think. Or Indiana. I hope it's Indiana, because of Justin, but I think it's Illinois, because there were Lincoln references.

I wanted to write about generations of Reedies but my not-pregnant uterus is cramping and I think I will go to bed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment