These aren't secrets, but I haven't told anyone either.
I may sound bipolar but I mostly just write about really great things or really bad things. Extremes, right?
I promise my feelings are continuous over the real emotions.

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Surrealist Texas...

... is just normal Texas. Texas is the weirdest.
Christmas eve, and it's sunny outside. Not too far away, there is a tornado threat. Palm trees shiver under pine trees, which sweat in the heat. Every front yard is a light show, blinking LEDs making me paranoid and crazy. I watch Rudolph and his compadres take the same two-step-leap 30 times in the space of a minute. A deflated pile of fabric by day, an internally illuminated and suggestively posturing snowman by night. A huge truck, a huge truck, another huge truck.
The lake is probably uniformly one and a half feet deep. A white egret stands on one leg, and pounces at a fish. It's bounty shines green in the sun which is still above the horizon at 5 pm. The egret drops the fish half a foot before gracefully snatching it out of the air again at a better angle for swallowing.
The bicycle's can shift while you're coasting.
Weird shit.

Christmas Day
This morning I rode the bicycle that took my mother around Ireland 40 years ago. My father ran in front of my pulling huge branches out of the path. Sometimes we had to get off the path to circumnavigate entire trees. I was barefoot. We passed an athletic woman, in her 50s, with a sheep on a leash. She was reading her iphone. The sheep said "bah." That was all.

No comments:

Post a Comment