These aren't secrets, but I haven't told anyone either.
I may sound bipolar but I mostly just write about really great things or really bad things. Extremes, right?
I promise my feelings are continuous over the real emotions.

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Rhythm of Life or and Explanation of the term "Mental Breakdown Wednesdays"

This semester there was a special rhythm to my life. Namely, I would work on Sunday night, and do little on Monday except go to class, and maybe get a head start on homework for Wednesday. On Tuesday, I would read all day for a class on Tuesday afternoon, then I would do a problem set, study for a quiz, and prepare for lab. That's a long day.
By Wednesday, I would often have some caffeine, and I would be spent from Tuesday. I'd be in class from 10 am to 3 pm or later. Then, I would be tired and crazy. 
These nights would often end in me graffiti-ing a bathroom, telling one of my closest friends I had a crush on him, taking off my shirt and doing handstands, laying on the floor in the GCC and grumbling, or sewing a colorful pouch wherein to put a confession of infatuation. Very rarely would I get work done on a Wednesday unless it took place in the early morning.
Then, on Thursday, I would read all day for French that afternoon, then do a math problem set and a physics problem set. On Friday, I would experience similar feelings as Wednesday but there were socially acceptable ways of taking out that frustration. Like, getting shitfaced or dancing all night.

Anyways, this rhythm basically defined my life and mental state. I thought it should be immortalized.
You may notice that my Sociology reading is not budgeted anywhere. I don't know when that happened, but it usually did. Usually during the hours of 5 am to 8 am on Monday, Wednesday, or Friday, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment