These aren't secrets, but I haven't told anyone either.
I may sound bipolar but I mostly just write about really great things or really bad things. Extremes, right?
I promise my feelings are continuous over the real emotions.

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Books Books Books Books

I went to Powell's City of Books with my brother, and picked out four books that I really wanted as Christmas presents. Mythologies by Roland Barthes, Naked Lunch, Le Voyeur by Alain Robbe-Grillet (same guy as La Jalousie, the first book I read for Reed), and La Naissance D'un Pont by some lady. I have this vague memory of the title, so I think it will be good.
I also found a book of Italo Calvino's essays at Goodwill.
Then Christmas came around and I got a zillion other books.
There they are. This is intimidating.
The Electrical Reference is pretty exciting. It also teaches addition and multiplication. And how to bend conduits. I don't even know.
Most excited for Naked Lunch and Mythologies though.

Currently reading Dead-Eye Dick by Vonnegut and Unpopular Essays by Bertrand Russel. So I need to finish those too. And I never finished the Monkey Wrench Gang...

No comments:

Post a Comment