These aren't secrets, but I haven't told anyone either.
I may sound bipolar but I mostly just write about really great things or really bad things. Extremes, right?
I promise my feelings are continuous over the real emotions.

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Oh Baby. Rocky Horror Is So Great.

So, last night I was hanging out with Keanu and Dan. Keanu plays didgeridoo and Dan plays trumpet, they're chill. Lyle and I had decided to try out drinking chess, but then we didn't feel like drinking. We went to a house party off campus, just for a change of pace, but it wasn't all that good. There was a keg, and some interesting conversations, and everclear jello shots (which I thought were actually an improvement on normal store-jello which tastes unreal.) But then I turned to Lyle and asked "Do you want to play chess?" "Yes." We leave. Everything is very black and white with Lyle, he's an interesting kid to hang out with. Makes me want to be a better person, you know? Basically exactly what I went to college for.
So we go back and play chess for a bit. We play to an unofficial stalemate, as we both had one rook and some pawns. That's about when he got a call to go to Rocky. I knew some people were going, but then I offered to dress him and I had just gone shopping in Hawthorne for my Halloween costume and... Oh lordy.
He ended up in my black velvet dress with a line of fake gems, with my fluffy purple hat and star leggings and red see-through fluff shirt. Also a bit of makeup. I wore blue fishnets, multicolored biker shorts, a garter, my huge colorful wool socks, and a sparkly velvet top, and my crazy half-jacket. My eyes were ringed in blue eye-shadow  Devon was with us, but he was less into the dress up thing. He wore my disco-ball headband and we put sparkles on him.
We met the crowd, but only Helene was dressed up. Whatever, we looked smashing. We started walking there, but then realized that we had planned to get donuts at voodoo at 4 am. So we scurried back to our bikes and left on those so that we'd be prepared.  Of course that means that Lyle and I got there way before everyone else, but that was okay. We had cool talks, and this lady who is part of a Rocky Horror shadow cast in southern Oregon took a cute picture of us. Piggy Back is the best pose ever.
Then everybody showed up, we waited a while longer, and then went in.
Of course, before we went in we were branded as Virgins. They count everyone who has not seen it at the Clinton St. Theater in the past 6 months a virgin. It makes me want to wait 6 months to see it again so that I can participate in virgindom again.
Basically, after they spanked all of the people with birthdays in the week, we went on stage. First, there was a dancing competition. August (charming gay man who is Lyle's roommate) won for the guys. Then girls went, Helene and myself included. I didn't win, but I did merit a re-vote. The girl who won took her bra off though, so, really, I think she wanted it more. Plus the best part was that it was fuck-with-your-character-night so the guy who played Brad was dressed as Hunter S. Thompson. I totally recognized it before he was announced. Anyways, I got to do my no-judgement slutty dance directly in front of him, so it was basically a realization of all of my fantasies ever. He seemed to appreciate it. Also, he's a Reedie. Also, he's one of the main SLUR-ers. Goddamn I am maybe in love.
Then Helene and I sat back down with the people who had already played a game. Lyle's game was to simulate oral sex with a banana, but he didn't really understand. He thought it was to keep the banana in your mouth as long as possible and as far in as possible. He did have one very realistic gag-incident though.
Then there was a fake-orgasm contest. That may have actually been before the bananas. Anyways, it was pretty great. One of them started normally, and then (s)he burst into an operatic version of "the hills are alive with the sound of muuuuusic." Oh lordy, how I laughed.
Then the movie started, and we screamed and taunted and started learning the banter. Some of it is really subtle. When they enter Frank's house someone shouted "What is Reed College" and then the movie said "some bizarre hunting house for crazy wealthy people" or something to that effect. It was fantastic. Another geographically specific one was was when Rocky was pressing buttons and looking stupid. Someone said "I push red, I push blue, I play football for OSU." I was the only one from Corvallis, I think, but I appreciated the recognition.
It was a beautiful show. I think I'm going back in two weeks with a gaggle of virgins. Muahaha.
It got out at about 2:30 am. Lyle then convinced me that no one would actually wake up for a donut run at 3:30, so we just went to Voodoo straight from there. Our costumes were greatly appreciated. Lyle was asked if he was a girl. Also, he was right about people waking up. I got 2 "slept through my damn alarm" texts, but we had a blast.
We biked back along the waterfront in the rain, and made it to Reed at 3:49, just in time to meet our Donut Contingency, population 0. So, we gave a donut to the guy sweeping the floors, and he seemed to appreciate it. Then we talked for a while because I didn't wanna sleep. He did though, so we went our separate ways. What a good night.
Also, if I start saying "aint no thang" back in Corvallis, that is Lyle's good influence.

1 comment:

  1. I love you. You are doing some serious living over there. :)

    ReplyDelete