These aren't secrets, but I haven't told anyone either.
I may sound bipolar but I mostly just write about really great things or really bad things. Extremes, right?
I promise my feelings are continuous over the real emotions.

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Thursday and Friday balance each other out.

Thursday was beautiful because I was feeling so much healthier. I climbed ropes, I kicked ass, the basics. Then at night I adventured around, watching fire dancers and listened to Jewish queercore punk. It’s their new years and such. Then I went to Mac 3 for a dance party.
And then everyone played tetris instead of dancing. So that was a bad omen. Then I went to Mac 2 because I was bored, and everyone was doing homework. But then the friend I hooked up with over the weekend wanted to hang out, so we did. And then I had to break up with someone for the first time.
Still have a black heart, it seems. I tried to tell him early on. But I think next time I just need to have a pause, explain, okay? Session, instead of explaining once in a while to the best of my ability but not really clearly.
So, that was traumatic for all parties. At one point though, he suggested that I should try to be a different person, so I felt that I had definitely made the right decision by then. Who does that?
Anyways, I was sicker on Friday, and feeling really bad about the whole situation. Then he got tested for mono and Ooh! He’s got it! Fuck. So I go in to the health center, fairly certain that my symptoms weren’t mono. I didn’t bother getting tested though because in the first week there’s a 25% chance of a false negative. So, I’ll go back next week. Then I asked about counseling services, and cried a little bit.
So, later that day I met with a therapist! New experience! Unfortunately, it came a  little bit too late, because I had already gotten over the whole thing to a large degree. It was still good to talk it out. My main reason for going was because I had no one here to talk to, but then I chatted with Ryan about it and that helped. It was still valuable though. Also, I now have an appointment for acupuncture! OOH! Free acupuncture! What a great school! I would also like to say that I watched an episode of Top Gear in between mono visit and psych visit, which of course has massive healing properties. In the form of laughter.
Okie doke, so I was a little peppier. I ate dinner and did some Hum reading. Then Liana and Nikole and Austin and I were going to watch Closer, but Nikole would probably die if she got mono, so we ended up putting it off until we’re sure. Because when you watch and aphrodisiac like Closer, you never know what might happen.
Instead, we all went to dinner. I ate a wee bit, to participate. It turns out most of them were going to eat again at a Jewish dinner later, so we basically all had two dinners. This Rabbi across the street hosts dinners for lots of students for Shabbat. His family is so sweet. Anyways, Nikole and Liana went to that, but Lyle showed up and another girl mentioned this theatre thing that I had forgot about and we headed off to that.
It was awesome. It’s called Antarktikos, and it’s this trippy dream-death-real life mix up of adventurers and artists and insomniacs. It was wild. Then the author spoke, but didn’t say anything too interesting. Also, we went with a lot of prospies, so that was fun. Reed has a weight that it puts on you, and prospies don’t have that. Freshman barely do, but it’s still nice to talk to floaty folks.
Lyle and I split. We went to SLUR for a bit, but it was crowded and they were on a beer run, so even though it was pirate themed, we didn’t stick around. Lyle ran off to get water and I followed him, creeper that I am. We decided to play chess, but got distracted at Chitick because they had an advice couch. (Also, they were drinking Vodka Tang-kikis, vodka plus tang. WHAT) and Lyle and I didn’t know what to ask about, so we went to Sullivan to write a list of ‘Things for which one might elicit advice”
1.       Whom should I romance with?
2.       If you give up accidentally, is it still giving up?
3.       What is the Principal Thing
4.       Sex
Lyle did one, I did two, Thales did 3, and british soccer player who signed my tits did 4. He made sure that we understood it was not him who needed advice on sex, just other in general people. He was also very disappointed that I didn’t mention him in my article about soccer. Nikole was back, and Maggie and some other folks were going to go to Which house. Last time Witch house was boring though, so Lyle and I just went back to Chitick to get advice. We learned very little, but we saw August on acid which was HILARIOUS. That kid is supremely lovable.
Then we went to Winch and drew on the chalkboard, drinking liquid inspiration. You know, beer. We felt very artsy. It was beautiful. The other half of the  board had Brosiedon, king of the Brocean. I promise ours was better. I’ve been into weird deconstructed faces lately. Lyle did squiggly lines, and also a face. It was class-tastic.
Speaking of class, then we wandered around for a while before running into kids who were going to hang out with Hugh, the resident communist. I’m sure he’s not the only one, but he’s the most insistent. We layed about in his room and he drew on my legs. I think this need to write on people is very interesting, especially since I was scribbled on by two people last night. Both signatures. At least some of Hugh’s was signature. I wonder if it has to do with a sort of illusion of possession. Anyways, I left with Lyle because Hugh was very drunk and very touchy. Also, I should sleep because I’m sick. So I did, and I felt good about everything,
Very different from Thursday, but that’s how it goes. In a good way, all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment