These aren't secrets, but I haven't told anyone either.
I may sound bipolar but I mostly just write about really great things or really bad things. Extremes, right?
I promise my feelings are continuous over the real emotions.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

my favorite passage from Zhuangzi

 We sleep and our spirits converge; we awake  and our bodies open outward. We give, we receive, we act, we construct; all day long we apply our minds to struggles against one thing or another--struggles unadorned or struggles concealed, but in either case tightly packed one after another without gap.

The small fears leave us nervous and depleted; the large fears leave us stunned and blank. Shooting forth like an arrow from a bowstring; such is our presumption when we arbitrate right and wrong. Holding fast as if to sworn oaths: such is our defense of our victories.

 Worn away as if by autumn  and winter: such is our daily dwindling, drowning us in our own activities, unable to turn back.

1 comment:

  1. this passage goes well with ketamine. The whole book does.

    ReplyDelete