These aren't secrets, but I haven't told anyone either.
I may sound bipolar but I mostly just write about really great things or really bad things. Extremes, right?
I promise my feelings are continuous over the real emotions.

Friday, December 12, 2014

A Constant Puzzle

I think an interesting type of writing would be one where there is no promise of a final conclusion, but only a series of small ones which constantly undermine each other. In fact, I want the reader to be having an idea at every moment, not necessarily because they are easy to have, but because they come unbidden. Maybe the start as blobs and get sharper with reading and rereading, but then they cut each other to shreds! And just at the moment when there is a huge pile of ideas, each struggling to stand, the reader is left alone.

Or maybe I'm just projecting how I feel writing to how I hope my reader would feel. This is expected, because I always argue that a good work transforms the reader into the subject. Then again, I am notorious for having to choose the media I consume based on who it turns me into. I might be too easy a reader to mold.

I need to finish If on a winter's night a traveler before I really know anything about reading, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment