These aren't secrets, but I haven't told anyone either.
I may sound bipolar but I mostly just write about really great things or really bad things. Extremes, right?
I promise my feelings are continuous over the real emotions.

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The world is holding its breath and I am begging for a breeze


The air is stagnant after ten pm, 4 stories above the ground. An artificial wind device would be most appreciated at this juncture, and I will seek one as soon as possible. With the arrival of an unexpired debit card and a father, all of my needs will doubtless be met immediately.

I have had a period of gentle certainty in my place here. More social opportunities arise than I am interested in participating in these days, which leaves a security blanket of potential escape on the shivering body of my hermitage. Anna is done, and so I began Le Trone de Fer, which, to my infinite disappointment, is not literature. It is a book, it is a story, but if it wasn't poorly written it was poorly translated and my patience for it is strained. On the other hand, I have read 300 pages of it and will certainly read the next 200. There is something to be said for stories. But I doubt I will look for its sequel.

Pierrot le Fou. That was literature. No, it was film, but it felt like literature. Maybe I will write a story of Pierrot le Fou, maybe it is inspiring. Maybe it's just conversational, and the conversation should be kept private. How would I write the colors? I saw it outside, in the night, and the bells of churches rang during the movie.

I am still uncomfortable at work. This is because I don't really have any. I'm not taught, either. You know I study physics because I don't think I could learn it on my own. Well, these summer adventures are all about learning physics on my own and it's all very contrary to my central beliefs about physics. Do I learn? What can I relay from my readings? Vague things, and only with specific questions. If I reread my summaries I do a bit better.

So there. There we are.

Oh, and I am eating luxuriously. Rillettes de Canard is meat that melts like summer on your tongue. However, I am starting to believe that my appreciation of food is somehow linked to my menstrual cycle. I find I have phases of everything-is-delicious and other times nothing-tastes-right and still other what-does-hunger-feel-like periods. Maybe there is some other cycle, but that is the cyclest cycle I know.

Next weekend, to the mountains! I didn't speak directly about the subject of this weekend, but it was pleasant though too hot. Apero at la Daurade, with normal conversations. I did the laundry! It was very pleasurable to do, I wish I had done it more often. The movie, and today the natural history museum which has an impressive collection of skeletons.

C'est ca la vie. La vie, c'est là.

No comments:

Post a Comment