These aren't secrets, but I haven't told anyone either.
I may sound bipolar but I mostly just write about really great things or really bad things. Extremes, right?
I promise my feelings are continuous over the real emotions.

Sunday, April 7, 2013

The Declining Significance of Novelty

The #makeboringbrilliant #brillianceuncapped #vitaminwater #collegehumor #fusetv concert was really fucking weird. We showed up, then they gave us wrist bands and drove us in 16 person vans to a "holding room" where there was a lot of vitamin water and only one bathroom. Then we went to the venue, which looked a lot like a TV stage except there was a log cabin inspiration to the shiny plastic decor.
The "hosts" were not funny and had no sexual tension. The other people there were very normal. We met one cool person, but a lot of people looked like kids I went to high school with.
B.o.B was kinda fun because we were fresh. The energy faded fast, though, because they had turned up the heat immensely so that we would all drink more vitamin water and it would be captured on camera that cool people who go to televised concerts drink vitamin water. We were hella commodified.
Matt and Kim were godawful. I've heard their music on Pandora through Page France radio, so I recognized some songs. Kim cannot drum. Bang bang bang bang no syncopation. The rhythm either doubled or halved. She often climbed on her chair. There was much ass shaking. She was introduced by Matt as "My partner in music, and in the bedroom," to which she responded "maybe we should say the bedroom part first," and I was like: "what?" It was ridiculous.
Santigold was really good. At that point we had reached DGAF status and just danced like crazy people. Also, we got to dance on stage which was much more exciting than in a throng of barely bobbing hipsters.
The whole experience was bizarre enough that I don't regret it, even though it was ridiculous and largely stupid. What an experience.
This is the website or something? http://www.fuse.tv/shows/vitaminwater

This Saturday, I danced to 80s music in Winch and then out in the rain, and got p high (shotgunned a lungful, but I have no tolerance) and stayed up till 4 am giggling. That was way better than a fancy concert. Sometimes you gotta go with what you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment