These aren't secrets, but I haven't told anyone either.
I may sound bipolar but I mostly just write about really great things or really bad things. Extremes, right?
I promise my feelings are continuous over the real emotions.

Monday, October 1, 2012

Peut-être l'immobilité des choses autour de nous leur est-elle imposée par notre certitude que ce sont elles et non pas d'autres, par l'immobilité de notre pensée en face d'elles.

Reading Proust for my french class. Finally, after being intrigued by the idea of La Recherche, by the Wikipedia page, by the attempt to mix reflection with invention... now I'm reading Du cote de chez Swann. It's drawing me in uncontrollably, and the tiny margins frustrate me more than rereading the same passage a zillion times ever could. I'll need to expand my pen arsenal. Color coding. Sticky notes. I'll throw everything I have at this text and I will see it. Not with my eyes, of course, but with my soul. Because darkness is only real once your soul sees it.
I'm clearly only 5 pages in.
Heaven.
Love, Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment