These aren't secrets, but I haven't told anyone either.
I may sound bipolar but I mostly just write about really great things or really bad things. Extremes, right?
I promise my feelings are continuous over the real emotions.

Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Is there a meaningful difference between feeling lonely and stressed?

I've been thinking that, while playing Age, I stopped feeling my stress. 

But, while making toast 90 seconds ago, I realized that it's not the stress that I lose; it's the loneliness. 

How would stress manifest in a world without loneliness? How would a deadline, an expense, or an argument emotionally touch us if we had an unshakable social support system?

I think they would touch us very lightly, if at all. 

But now, my days are defined by loneliness and boredom as I fail at or resist finding a way to fill my needs in these circumstances. 

This theory is also supported by the disproportionate pain and anxiety I feel when I think that I have disrupted the balance of my little Age scene. I cradle it like a glass bird nest full of shell-less eggs. Ok, maybe not that gently. Maybe I troll a little bit. 

Regardless. My stomach makes knots when I'm trying to decide what I should say, if I should bother Gameboy. What if I am being a burden? What if I am annoying? 

Where does that come from? Loneliness. 

I think a crush is also a symptom of loneliness. A symptom, because it moderates the feeling while not curing it at all. How can one feel lonely when you can conjure up a person in your imagination as if they were in the room with you and as if they were touching you? If you can "speak" to them whenever you want, about whatever fascinates and charms you? I think I've had all my most consuming crushes while I've been lonely. 

I also feel another enormous goddamn project brewing. I am trying to put it off. If I can delay it until August, maybe I'll have a ton of free time to execute it. Maybe it will be my sanity. 

The project is a virtual climate action open house. Using the Twinery tool. I know, it is crazy. But... It might be perfect too. 

Very tempted to sign off here with "Best, Julia" which is disturbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment