These aren't secrets, but I haven't told anyone either.
I may sound bipolar but I mostly just write about really great things or really bad things. Extremes, right?
I promise my feelings are continuous over the real emotions.

Friday, June 12, 2015

up down shang4 xia4

Going up the stairs, I lean left. My left ear drops towards my shoulder; my shoulder dips away. My right hip comes out, in order to let my torso fall in. I walk up the stairs at a speed prescribed by my tilt, measured to keep me standing.

On the way down, I don't lean. My chest raises, and my chin distances itself from the bounce of my feet against the painted wood. I slow down when I get to the cracked step, landing carefully without pinching myself.

Not so balanced, then.

I'm learning Chinese, because I am going to China.

I had a weird day, but we can mostly blame the 16 ounces of coffee on an empty stomach. No, it was just weird. I sent Anna my thesis.

No comments:

Post a Comment