These aren't secrets, but I haven't told anyone either.
I may sound bipolar but I mostly just write about really great things or really bad things. Extremes, right?
I promise my feelings are continuous over the real emotions.

Sunday, October 12, 2014

National Coming Out Day: Because Your Feelings Aren't Valid Until You Label Them

I know that there are totally legitimate reasons for National Coming Out day, but I feel like the same show of support could be made in a context with less pressure. There are way better reasons to hate National Coming Out Day than because you feel like labels are doomed to be lies. Obviously it's naive to treat coming out as just a matter of courage when it's usually a matter of safety. I also get that some people feel like a label makes all of the confusion go away.


No comments:

Post a Comment