These aren't secrets, but I haven't told anyone either.
I may sound bipolar but I mostly just write about really great things or really bad things. Extremes, right?
I promise my feelings are continuous over the real emotions.

Friday, September 5, 2014

Burning Man

My social media spheres are littered with contempt for Burning Man. Hell, I even contributed. A company that sells chakra themed sun glasses had a Burning Man specific ad, which I screenshotted and shared.

It's easy to see the things that are dumb about Burning Man. And honestly, I'm surprised that people who complain are surprised when Burners tell them that they "don't get it." That's why they find it so ridiculous: they can't make sense of it.

I think that's where the magic comes from. You let go of what makes sense. Pages of packing instructions, scary stories of hour long windstorms, the long drive with the car riding low... for what? You don't know yet.

^I wrote the above before leaving for Burning Man.

I'm not really ready to talk about it yet. I need to really decompress, and I've been getting back into school so it's impossible right now. This weekend, hopefully, a few hour or two to think about it. Plenty of people take a week, but I am notoriously efficient and I have a life to live.

Nothing is simple but I'll be honest, most things are beautiful in one way or another, and that is the optimism that I will admit to.

No comments:

Post a Comment