These aren't secrets, but I haven't told anyone either.
I may sound bipolar but I mostly just write about really great things or really bad things. Extremes, right?
I promise my feelings are continuous over the real emotions.

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Thimble

high school tunes and red lips blues
i remember who i was before i ran into you

the sound we make when we cross paths
like shivers in the ground

clenching jaws like drugs i used to taste
and remedies that broke the suspense

dipping my toes in the substance that i'm supposed to breathe through
and deciding that it's too cold
and running back to the beach

lonely while we touch and crowded in an empty bed
i confuse everyday objects for reflections of us

nights are sliced into episodes and moods
stuttering experiences that leave me in pieces
unsure of who i've been over the course of a few hours

why didn't you pick up your phone
i know you're awake
what did you think i was calling about

i just wanted to hear your voice to remember that it's not you i'm in love with
but some idea
that could stitch things back together
so that i don't have to pick up a needle and lick frayed thread
and pick little white holes into my fingers

No comments:

Post a Comment