These aren't secrets, but I haven't told anyone either.
I may sound bipolar but I mostly just write about really great things or really bad things. Extremes, right?
I promise my feelings are continuous over the real emotions.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

whatnow

Life is entirely mad at the moment. I'm at a family reunion where two professors, a doctor, an entrepreneur and a lawyer comprise the original siblings and they still manage to leave their families food insecure for two days because no one can communicate or think of others. Apart from that they are great though.
My housing situation has been totally reversed. I decided literally at the last minute (well, literally in the last two days) that the housing senario was not actually how I had imagined it and realistically it was not what I needed. So now I'm living in a shithole party house instead of a 100 year old salmon colored sweet little thing, but that's what I needed. I needed friends, and proximity to campus, and a known quantity.
And then I'm off to burning man.
So I don't know what is happening but since changing my housing plans I don't really care because it all feels pretty alright.
Also I ate food and got a good night's sleep.
It's weird how much food and sleep matter oh wait no those are pretty much the only things that matter how are they neglected at this fucking reunion.
The only thing about family that is not overrated is my little brother who is a fucking angel and got me food when I had litterally just broken down after being told to stop cooking myself two eggs because there were only 7 to go around after we had just gone on a huge hike (during which I'd been pretty much tripping off of oxygen deprivation because of the altitude) and my total food consumption for the day had been porridge, half a banana, and a rice cake with avocado and cheese on it.
Right, so I promise I feel better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment