These aren't secrets, but I haven't told anyone either.
I may sound bipolar but I mostly just write about really great things or really bad things. Extremes, right?
I promise my feelings are continuous over the real emotions.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

On Journaling

There's a book on the floor next to my bed. This really doesn't narrow anything down since there are about 10 hum 110 books on the ground, and 8 rel 160 books keeping them company. But this most proximal book has the train to Hogwarts on the hardback cover, and was a journal for me before I was in Switzerland. Maybe 2004. Too lazy to find a real starting date. The pages are dated though, and in characteristic style. What does that mean? I journal to capture moments in time, trying to tie down who I was because I know she-it will be gone instantaneously.
Do not interpret this as journaling to chronicle change. Committing the mundane or exciting bits of life to writing is chronicling stasis. Brief moments of self that don't change, and are complete. Is the benefit of this to see change? Maybe, in the long term. But it also reminds me that at any given moment there is a whole, working person that is me, and no amount of flexible personality will change that.
I see people interpreting me differently. I see my social dynamics maturing. Lately, I've not only accepted but sought out this growth. I'm going to take the Briggs Myers personality test, and see what happens.

.... elapsed time ...

Well, with a 70 question test I get ENFJ. Last time I got ENTJ, and I think I identify more with that. It was also a longer test. Well, on the move.

No comments:

Post a Comment